How to get stale apps updated in Build Service

As the author of collectl, one on the components of the Build Service, I just responded to a bug a user reported. Turned out this was a pretty old version of collectl - about a year old and as I release new updates about every couple of months, it would sure be nice to get something more current into the distro and I can’t figure out how to do that. I even tired to subscribe to the mailing list but our mailer stepped on the reply confirmation address and so can’t even join.

Can someone help point me in the right direction?

-mark

If you use Suse use rpm -qi(Something like that soz forgotten) if not you could run rpmextract there seems to be an email in the .spec but unsure whether they are the packager.

Perhaps someone who has it installed can let us know.

It seems it isn’t an OBS build but in standard I would of thought factory mailing list would be the best but it seems that isn’t really feasible.

Software.openSUSE.org

Mmm well loooking it doesn’t seem to be on that repo as a package but only as a src rpm. So perhaps the spec does contain the correct email.

If you only want it to be updated you can just open a bug report at https://bugzilla.novell.com/

But you can also create an account in the Build Service. From there you can easily create packages for Debian, Ubuntu, Mandriva, Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise. And once you have the updated package you can create a “submit request” so your updated package is incorporated into the main distro.