Where does Konqueror find the location of the bookmarks

Hello,
I want to store my Konqueror bookmarks in a /data partition, sothat my other multiboot openSUSE installations can share / use the same bookmark files.

For that I need to know where Konqueror store the location of the bookmarks, sothat i can setup the new location on the /data partition.

I currently have already all my document, download, picture, music, film, kmail and kadressbook data in the /data partition, sothat all my multiboot openSUSE installations can use the same data.

Thanks, Frans
I

Hi
It should reside in the ~/.kde(?)/share/apps/konqueror directory, where
(?) equals 3 or 4.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.18-0.2-default
up 1 day 10:21, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.16, 0.31
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 177.80

Hello Malcolm,

Currently my bookmarks are in /home/frans/
.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml

but that is not my question. My question is how does konqueror knows that they are in above mentioned directory, because I want to instruct konqueror that the bookmarks are in
/data/frans/…/…whatever after I have copied them to there.

Thanks Frans

Hi
Create a softlink to the location in the kde directory pointing to the
file you wish to use;

ln -s /path/to/original/file /path/to/destination

I’m not sure but you may be able to add something to the
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc file.

up 2:25, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.08, 0.02

Konquror knows because all user dependent KDE data is in the directory .kde in the home directory of that user.

Hello Malcolm,

I have tried the softlink and it worked correctly. Since I have not used softlinks before I had run into some problems and just want to mention them sothat others know these things beforehand.
1 Copy the wanted konqueror directory, with most of your bookmarks from /home/user/.kde/share/apps to separate data partition under /data/user/.kde/share/apps
2 rename the konqueror directory in /home/user/.kde/share/apps to
konqueror-old That is needed to create the softlink in the /home/user/.kde/share/apps directory
3 create the softlink in the /home/user/.kde/share/apps directory with the following command
ln -s /data/user/.kde/share/apps/konqueror /home/user/.kde/share/apps/konqueror

4 Repeate the steps 2 and 3 in the your other multiboot openSUSE installations, sothat they can share/use the same bookmark files out of the konqueror directory in your separate data partition under /data/user/.kde/share/apps

Thanks Malcolm

Regards, Frans

PS I have not tried your other suggestion. How can I find out what to put in the ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc file.

Hi
Had a quick google on “konquerorrc”+“options” and came up with this…

up 1 day 20:49, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.14, 0.15