CAD,CAM,CAE softwares installation

hi,i’m becoming crazy,i hope there’s someone that can help me,i installed OS 11 in my new pc,on my old pc i had both windows and OS,now i decided for OS only.

now OS runs without problems with all normal applications

the problem is that i need CAD,CAM…softwares on the pc for fun and job, working with OS (before they worked with windows) and here i start crying :frowning:
if there’s someone that has these softwares on his pc or has some suggests for installation…

i’m not a monster with computer science above all with programmation,cracks,bugs…so i hope my “technical language” :slight_smile: is understandable

i installed

• autocad 2002 - installed,it runs for the moment,at the beginning it didn’t work,i modified something in gnome and then it worked,after that solid edge didn’t work,so i modified it in its system ,and now it works,slow but it works

• autodesk inventor 11- installed,it doesn’t run ,i’ve problems with volo view application(i think that it’s incompatible or there’s something wrong with OS video card).this is the most important software that i need!!!

-pro engineer wildfire 2.0-installed,it works but not in all its applications…i’ve problems with FEM analysis,when i launch it it says that there’s no enough memory available…and it crashes.

-solid works and solid edge - installed after 4 hours,they are quite "slow "when i round designed components but they works

-cosmos designstar -this is the worst one,i can’t install it,during installation with windows i should crack it in DOS,but now i can’t copy that foulder where it should go because i can’t enter (or better i can’t find)inside installation program foulder

-mastercam 9.0-installed,i had problems during installation because it crashed when it reached 50%,don’t ask me what exactly,the only thing i know is that now after a night with him it’s working without problems

-Direct-Link Race Performance for ECU/ECM engine maps (it’a quite unknown software for engine maps),it crashes during installation…saying nothing

thank a lot to all people that can help me.

simone

Did a quick google and found qcad and brl-cad

There’s more here

/Geoff

The links below might help you.
Linux for CAD
CAD Programs for Linux LG #54
CAD - Linux Forums
Linux Links - The Linux Portal: Software/Graphics/CAD

Hello,
Your mileage installing CAD type software, especially Windoes versions, in Linux will vary greatly. Check out the post above and the link to Bricscad. It uses a Wine layer to run. At work, we do lots of Architectural CAD work. For the best functionality, just fire up a Virtualbox instance of Windoes…If you have to …I guess.

bertman

thank you very much,i’m browsing inside those links,this night i’m trying again to solve their bugs.
my real problem is that i need only those CAD,because i work on existing files,yes, i can save them in universal formats and import all in a CAD designed for linux but so i lose historical components constructions…

pro-e now is working good :slight_smile: i found on that link the solution,my main preoccupation now is autodesk inventor!

simone

Hope you can update this thread in the future of the good things happened
I will be very interested.

Cheers,
conram

well,yesterday night i lost 4 hours to solve this problem,result:every software needs a different video card setting,the nice thing is that they are all different!!!so i decided that i could disinstall two ones to avoid conflicts among all CAD softwares.
now the problem is that i decide i need absolutly inventor,pro-e,and cosmos,the first one is working(not in all its applications but it works,the second one has problems that i said before,the third one is a s***t,i don’t know the why i can’t open its files foulder.

i’m thinking that maybe it would be better if i install a windows partition or a double OS and windows system on my pc…

well done,today the doctor visited my pc(i know…computer science isn’t my job!),now all that i need is installed and above all is working,my friend should load different video card settings for every softwares and changed "something"i don’t know exactly where so then i formatted windows partition :slight_smile:
the only thing that i don’t like very much now is that it needs a lot of time during file saving phase…
thank you for all advices