Games are rendered blurry

Hello, I recently installed Cyberpunk 2077 and Mortal Kombat 11 through Steam on TW (Wayland Plasma 6) and I noticed that a lot of things are rendered blurry. On MK11, only the text is blurry but everything else is OK. However, on Cyberpunk 2077, everything is blurry, or just bad, despite me having the settings at max. My laptop has an RTX 4060 laptop GPU (proprietary drivers), Ryzen 7 7840HS, and I run the games through Proton GE 9-1 and feral gamemode + mangohud + prime-run, kernel 6.7.9. I tried running the games on Proton GE 8-32, on Xorg Plasma 5 on kernel 6.7.7 and the result is the same. I also tried disabling DLSS, and it did not do anything (except lower my FPS). I also noticed that games that have a native Linux build (like CS2 and Mindustry) render just fine.

Any help would be much appreiated! I can provide more necessary information upon request.

Another screenshot with info:

What is your scaling setting in the Monitor setting? If you set Legacy Applications (X11): Scaled by the system, and have UI scaling set to anything other than 100%, then that might cause the blur.

I have it set to “apply scaling themselves” and my UI scaling is 130%

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.