Yast says: nothing provides appdata(thunar.appdata.xml) - BUT IT DOES

Yast says:

nothing provides appdata(Thunar.appdata.xml)
  • BUT IT DOES

the file is provided by the thunar package but as ‘thunar.appdata.xml’ i.e. without the capital T

Yast requests the deinstallation of Thunar every time I go into the software manager. This started happening after an update about a week ago. This is intensely irritating. What can I do about it? or is it an oversight by the packager? help appreciated :expressionless:

What particular package is it complaining about?

I update Tumbleweed a few days ago, and I have XFCE installed. I did not run into a conflict.

I also did a test install of 20150630, including XFCE, and I did not run into a problem.

hmm, I would have thought that was obvious :slight_smile: Thunar… exact file described in my original post
If i check dependencies with zypper it says all are good

I did not run into this problem, and nobody else has complained. So I don’t think it is the package.

Do you have any unusual repos? Maybe you are getting parts from different repos, causing a mismatch.

I did - I had the same issue with Firefox and Thunderbird on 13.2 a while back claiming it doesn’t prove appdata. Since I don’t use XFCE really ( I just had it for testing ), I simply uninstalled everything related to it.

It looks like this:

mnemosyne:~ # zypper ve
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Problem: nothing provides appdata(Thunar.appdata.xml) needed by application:Thunar File Manager-.noarch
 Solution 1: deinstallation of application:Thunar File Manager-.noarch
 Solution 2: break application:Thunar File Manager-.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): 

Interestingly enough, if you remove the thunar.appdata.xml from /usr/share/appdata, then zypper clean -a, the error will go away.

This is of course a temporary fix, since as soon as you reinstall / update thunar it seems to cause the same problem.

indeed, that’s true. Tried it too.

no, all the files and packages relating to Xfce are from this repo: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_Factory/