Xen VM does not see guest install CD as a bootable media

I just got Xen to install on 64 bit openSuSE 12.2 (Thanks to the folks on this forum) and I can go through the wizard of creating a virtual machine pointing the installation OSS to /dev/sc0. It recognized that there was something in the CD as it shoed that is was ~500MBs. However when the VM started It complained that the CD was not a bootable media. The OS that I am trying to install is Windows 2003 Server. I also tried the installation DVD that I used for openSuSE and it still said that it was not bootable.

I thougt that maybe it was because the host had the CDROM locked, so I unmounted it in the host, but the VM still said that it was not bootable. What am I missing, or should I look at? I am a bit at a loss at this point.

Thanks,
Keith

I also wanted to add the configuration file for the VM:

linux-1dkg:/etc/xen/vm # cat windowsxp
name=“windowsxp”
description=“None”
uuid=“c5739405-3529-cf9e-b9b0-1fa1cfd198b7”
memory=512
maxmem=1024
vcpus=2
on_poweroff=“destroy”
on_reboot=“destroy”
on_crash=“destroy”
localtime=1
keymap=“en-us”
builder=“hvm”
device_model="/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel="/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
boot=“c”
disk= ‘file:/var/lib/xen/images/windowsxp/disk0.raw,hda,w’, ‘phy:/dev/sr0,hdc:cdrom,r’, ]
vif= ‘mac=00:16:3e:55:d4:01,bridge=br0,model=rtl8139’, ]

stdvga=0
vnc=1
vncunused=1
soundhw=“sb16”
viridian=0
usb=1
acpi=1
pae=1
usbdevice=‘tablet’
serial=“pty”

If I remember correctly, the only viable option for CDD in HVM was a /dev/loop0 device (created with losetup from image file) — even the similar “tap:cdrom” built-in loopback didn’t work for me.

As for the HDD, Xen works fine with raw block devices (partitions, logical volumes) both in PV and HVM, no need to mess with files. HMV, though, limits maximum HDD number to 4 — as only 2 PATA channels are emulated, so don’t be surprised if surplus disks are not visible in DomU; although, if I’m not mistaken again, CDD somehow doesn’t count here.

I guess I found that out. I ended up creating an ISO file from the installation CD and pointed the installation OS to that and I was able to get it to install now.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Keith