Wireless keeps rejecting password (broadcom)

Ok,its since 4,5 days that I cant connect to internet through wireless…Networkmanager applet (kde or gnome) just keeps rejecting my key,which I’m sure is 100% right…if i try to change my settings through yast (enable at boot ecc) the only thing I get is a system freeze during kde login at the next reboot…So I have to do a hard reset login with noapic,acpi=off parameters and change the settings again…In few words,with yast I get a system crash,with networkmanager I don’t have internet…Card works fine under win…Finds my network under suse but doesn’t connect…I tried also to install again wl-broadcom drivers but same story…Searching through logs the only thing I found was this:

Trying to associate with 00:1c:a2:af:4d:78 (SSID=‘FASTWEB-1-001CA2AF4D78’ freq=2437 MHz)
Association request to the driver failed
Associated with 00:1c:a2:af:4d:78
WPA: Key negotiation completed with 00:1c:a2:af:4d:78 [PTK=TKIP GTK=TKIP]
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:1c:a2:af:4d:78 completed (auth) [id=0 id_str=]
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

Anyone can give me some advice???The card is a broadcom 43225,under suse 11.3…Thanks in advance…

Getting Your Wireless to Work
Request for Comment: Creating the Initial Wireless Connection
Install Broadcom Drivers from Packman

Hi,

Network manager is not the best tool around to manage wireless connection. I would suggest to try wicd. it is available through repos.

Same problem with wicd…rejects the key…

I had a look at these topics searching through the forum but didn’y find any solution…

At the router, you set up a WEP or WPA key? Are you sure you set the right one on the manager.

I 'd say yes…It was working for months already…But I couldn’t understand why when I use yast the system freezes…

Did you make some changes on your machine lately? On the router?

To the router no…I don’t like messing up it…To my pc only some updates that came up,but don’t remember what…

Is there a pairing buttons on your router like we find on the box series in France?

No,th only button I can find is the reset button…I’ll give it a try but i don’t think it could change anything…mah…

Can you post all these :

• /usr/bin/iwconfig
  • cat /etc/resolv.conf

/usr/bin/iwconfig gives:
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
eth1 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:""
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Bit Rate:54 Mb/s Tx-Power:24 dBm
Retry min limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Managementmode:All packets received
Link Quality=5/5 Signal level=0 dBm Noise level=-68 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:1 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
vmnet1 no wireless extensions.
vmnet8 no wireless extensions

and cat /etc/resolv.conf gives:
Generated by dhcpcd for interface eth0
search fastwebnet.it
nameserver 62.101.93.101
nameserver 83.103.25.250

Same problem after frash install…>:(>:(
Could it be a kernel or wlan driver bug???

On 11/18/2010 03:06 PM, tekos wrote:
>
> Same problem after frash install…>:(>:(
> Could it be a kernel or wlan driver bug???

As you are using an out-of-kernel driver, it could be the problem. It is not a
kernel bug.

Have you updated since your fresh install?

The most recently posted iwconfig output showed you had not even associated. How
are you controlling the network. If not NM, then switch to it. When the
connection attempt fails, then look at /var/log/NetworkManager to see
what it says.

Did you install the driver as it is said here : Install Broadcom Drivers from Packman ?

Yes,I did it as it is said there…

I made a test…I installed default kernel also and booted (I was using desktop kernel)…Wireless works fine…So could it be a kernel or a driver problem?
Would you like to boot in desktop kernel and post the networkmanager log file?

Sorry,

I can’t do that right now, I am at the office and don’t have my openSUSE in front of me. Since we are not on the same time zone, I will post it later for you today. :wink:

no problem since wireless now connects…I’m just curious to find out what was the problem…
Thanks anyway all of you for the help…