Wine stopped working after i repaired GRUB

Hi, i need your help, im clueless here. Im kinda a noob in linux, been using openSUSE for a while, but, it’s not like i know a great deal. Just like the title says, i was able to play World of Warcraft and Diablo II on Wine, perfectly, no glitches, nothing. My grub got damaged, and i repaired it, setting it to the MBR. First i had to mount my NTFS partitions, after repairing, they got attached to linux in the /Windows folder. Now, i cant play, it’s a problem with the dll, “storm.dll” for Diablo II and another dll with something to do with divx. I would like to know more or less the cause, and how to fix it, is there is any way to fix it without reinstalling.

Thanks

There is detail missing here. No way grub repair has any effect on wine!

The folder .wine resides in your user directory. Your ‘Games’ are in there. It in effects just emulates a windows file system tree.

How did you do the repair?

It sounds like you run your games directly from the NTFS partition, and used to mount it yourself manually.

Now that it is being done for you automatically, it sounds like they are not being found because they now reside in a different location.

Try this - simply unmount your NTFS partition first before you start your game (terminal - sudo umount /dev/sdXX), then mount it as you always used to.

See if that works.

i tried mounting and dismounting as you said growbag, and didnt worked :S

this is the error it launches when trying to run wow.exe

err:module:attach_process_dlls “DivxDecoder.dll” failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\windows\E\World of Warcraft\wow.exe" failed, status c0000005

caf4926, the games are in a ntfs partition indeed, they used to work from there.

GRUB got damaged when i tried the “reboot and go to another OS” option in KDE 3.5, and i repaired it through YAST2, using the boot manager. unchecked everything except “boot from MBR” option.

Im kinda afraid of setting GRUB to the extended partition again, but it may worth the try, its annoing to get to the other OS just to play.

thanks