I was hoping someone in this forum could possible help me. I recently remounted my drives so I could reset my password in my openSUSE distro. These are the instructions I followed:
- In grub use “e” to edit the menu
- On the line that says “linux” append this text to the end - init=/bin/bash
- Press F10 to continue to boot into emergency mode
- remount the root file-system # mount -o remount,rw /
- Reset the password # passwd or for a username # passwd johnsnow
- exit or reboot
I managed to get into my account in openSUSE, but upon rebooting my Windows 10 drive no longer appears in the dual boot menu on start-up. I’ve checked to make sure that the drive is not hibernated, and I am still able to mount my Windows 10 drive in Dolphin. It just isn’t appearing in the dual boot menu. I’d love some help with this, and apologies if I sound dumb or anything, I’m new to the distro but I’m loving it so far!