WiFi IPv4 Address Label

What goes in the top box for IPv4 address Label?
I have looked in every corner of the router settings, and can’t find IPv4 even listed other than in the configuration panels. Nothing about IPv4 Address Label.http://susepaste.org/97301596

TIA
Bill L

I have never used that. What are you trying to achieve?

I think the field you are filling is just to assign a hostname and ip address to another computer. I would probably just add the entry directly to “/etc/hosts”, unless setting up a complex internal routing scheme.

It’s just a label, and not important as far as the actual configuration goes. The resulting /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* config file will have a ‘LABEL =’ entry with the name you gave it.

Thanks or the responses. Been in hospital again a few days or I would have thanked you earlier.
I didn’t know if it meant anything or not, so I did leave it blank.
I had to set it up using YaST Network Services using ‘wicked’. The network manager insisted I o through kwallet or some gnome app I have never heard of.
(so I disable kwallet, I have a password Manager I like, and don’t need the constant nagging.)

Anyway. WiFi(and etho) work, and now I can take that 20 inch AiO to a more comfortable space for me.

Hope you’re ok now Bill. Good to read that you’re up and running with this. :slight_smile:

The network manager insisted I o through kwallet or some gnome app I have never heard of.
(so I disable kwallet, I have a password Manager I like, and don’t need the constant nagging.)

Both Gnome and KDE have NetworkManager front-ends. When using another desktop environment, you can use what works for you. I don’t have kwallet involved in my wifi credentials for NM. I have my connection profiles set up as system-connections, and the authentication credentials are stored in the root-owned NM config files (in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/) instead.

Anyway. WiFi(and etho) work, and now I can take that 20 inch AiO to a more comfortable space for me.

Great!

My router info shows IP Pool Starting Address to be 192.168.1.2 and the IP Pool Ending Address to be 192.168.1.254. It doesn’t state the “maximum number of 50” like yours does. So does that mean I should assign my printer something like 192.168.1.300 then? This video also doesn’t state how we are actually supposed to sign the address. This just shows how to find out what our IP address is, which is fine, but what next? Bluestacks TextNow VPN