- Realtek 8187 (usb 802.11g)
- Linux 126.96.36.199-1.1-default kernel
- openSUSE 11.0 (with updates)
My wireless connection fails as follows:
- after successfully associating and obtaining a dhcp lease, the access point can no longer be pinged.
- if I iwconfig wlan0 essid <apname>, the ping will be successful for 7 or 8 pings before going back to ‘destination host unreachable’.
I have tried the following so far:
- reinstall with default software load
- reinstall with updates (i copied the update repository to a thumb drive from another system)
- reconfigured wlan0 to associate to a friends wireless network
- tried various network utilities (kismet, aircrack-ng). any utility not requiring a properly working network work fine.
- it worked in 10.3 with the rtl8187 drivers from the update site and with injection patched drivers
- i noticed the system currently uses mac80211 stack, instead of ieee80211 stack. (don’t know if this is a problem, but I would prefer the mac stack).
- lsmod shows rtl8187, mac80211, cfg80211 loaded
Any help will be greatly appreciated!