Which Virtual PC

I’m attempting to install OpenSUSE 11.2 within either Virtual Box or Virtual PC 2007 under XP Pro
Are either OK? Any Preference?
Finally, I’ll access that machince remotely through Teamviewer.
TIA
Bob

I use virtual box and it works great. After you install it, make sure that the virtual box guest additions are installed. You can go into yast2/software and search for virtual box guest to make sure it gets installed. I believe that opensuse detects that you are using virtual box and and will try to recommend to install the guest additions sometime after the installation. If not, then install them manually through yast/software. After the guest additions are installed, reboot. Installing the guest additions is optional but gives you better option such as full screen, auto mouse detection, sharing folders, and etc.

Agree with nsalem virtual box is probably your best bet.

Virtual Box. If I remember correctly Linux is not on officially supported list of Guest OS for VirtualPC, although it can probably work.

Go for VirtualBox, it’s much more modular and it rocks.

Thanks - Nothing like unanimous advice. Virtual Box is installed on my 486 with 256Mb of RAM and the 11.2 .iso image is ready.
Any issues before I begin … I died at kernel panic on a first attempt.
Bob

srfpala wrote:
> Virtual Box is installed on my 486 with 256Mb of RAM and the 11.2 .iso image is ready.
> Any issues before I begin … I died at kernel panic on a first
> attempt.

yep!

System Requirements

• Pentium* III 500 MHz or higher processor (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or
    higher or any AMD64 for Intel* EM64T processor recommended)

-512 MB physical RAM (1 GB recommended)

-3 GB available disk space (more recommended)

-800 x 600 display resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)

cite:
<http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse112/art_osuse_installquick_112/?page=/documentation/opensuse112/art_osuse_installquick_112/data/art_osuse_installquick_112.html>

you might wanna use more horsepower or less software power…yours may
run Puppy Linux <http://puppylinux.org/main/index.php?file=Overview
and Getting Started.htm>

palladium

Hi All,

I am new to openSUSE and want to use it by using the virtual machine( Vmware server). Had tried all but nothing work’s :’( . Guy’s is there any way I can install it.

System configuration:

intel org 845
1.8 Mhz processor
1 GB RAM

Looking for response

Regards,
NiTiN.