Where bluetooth white icon for system tray is located?

Hi, this is my first post with new forum site…
I personalized my icons in system tray modifying icons and putting in:
/home/pla/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/
and it worked for wireless in network.svgz but in the same file it doesn’t works for bluetooth.
bluetooth-Screenshot_20221217_182645
as you can see the wireless works but bluetooth is white where in the network.svgz file the bluetooth is in this way

where I can find the white bluetooth icon as to modify it as I like?

@pier_andreit likely using the system icons down in/usr/share/icons

Hi, how can I know among all these folders

pla@pla4-TW:/usr/share/icons> ls
Adwaita         Breeze_Snow   DMZ-Black  gnome-logo-text-dark.svg  HighContrast  mate-black     Oxygen_Black   Oxygen_Zion   whiteglass
breeze          ContrastHigh  DMZ-White  gnome-logo-text.svg       KDE_Classic   nuoveXT2       Oxygen_Blue    redglass
breeze_cursors  crystalsvg    Gilouche   handhelds                 locolor       openSUSE-Xfce  Oxygen_White   sirikali.png
breeze-dark     default       gnome      hicolor                   mate          oxygen         Oxygen_Yellow  Tango
pla@pla4-TW:/usr/share/icons> 

in /usr/share/icons where the used icon is?

how in this new site can I quote or quote-code my text as in the old site?

@pier_andreit use Markdown

Use find based on the suspected name?

find /usr/share/icons -name "blue*svg"

Have a look here:

…so it seems thatthe old [code] is missing here :grinning:

You can still use “code” or “quote” tags if you so choose…

[code]This is within code tags 123456789 ABC abc[/code]

produces:

This is within code tags 123456789 ABC abc

and this will produce quoted text

[quote]This is quoted text.... [/quote]

as shown:

manythanks malcolm, I tried but didn’t find anything, these are the bluetooth icons that I found in /usr/share/icons/

/usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/apps/bluetooth-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/status/bluetooth-disabled-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/status/bluetooth-active-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/bluetooth.svg /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/status/bluetooth-paired.svg /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/devices/bluetooth-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/status/bluetooth-disconnected-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/status/bluetooth-hardware-disabled-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/status/bluetooth-disabled-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/status/bluetooth-active-symbolic.svg

and none of them

bluetooth-gnome
bluetooth-hicolor

are similar to the one in my systemtray
bluetooth-in system tray

@pier_andreit I’m assuming this theme was self-downloaded? If so maybe visit the original site to see if there is an update, or check the tarball you downloaded originally for the missing image?

To qoute, highlight the paragraph you want to qoute and click the qoute popup that will appear. I think that’s easier.
To make a code press your keyboard’s Ctrl+E and you can automatically type words inside code.

@pier_andreit: I have an idea, and I hope one of the other participants can step in.

The original network.svgz is probably from

/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/network.svgz,
contained in the plasma-framework package (mine is plasma-framework-5.101.0-lp154.374.1.x86_64).

network.svgz contains several icons, as can be seen in the first post, and each icon is probably selected by Plasma via its id (for e.g. bluetooth, xpath might be //svg/g/g[@id = 'bluetooth'] or something similar).

So, it looks like everything is in the right place (wifi icon), but the second change (bluetooth icon) is not picked up.

@other participants in this thread: Could this be a cache problem? Maybe logout, remove 1 or more files under ~/.cache, and login again?

I do not know which files to delete (perhaps I am not even on the right track), but I hope someone can comment on that. :wink:

Kind regards,

Leen

hi leen, yes , I started from that files and modified, my plasma is KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.101.0

it is the same that I think to have get, each icon is a layer in the svgz file with an esplicative name

it seems yes, but I thought that the bluetooth icon in the network.svgz file can refere to a:
network connection estabilished by bluetooth connection,
so, I have to better search if in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/ or other default where system fall back can be a bluetooth icon to take into account

I forgot to say that I removed the file “icon-cache.kcache” and “plasma_theme_[theme-name].kcache” and any other cache file, not folders,
in /home/[username]/.cache
and rebooted before to see if it worked and post, so it seems it isn’t a cache problem related to these files, may be I have to remove other files

For naming conventions take a look at the KDE Plasma Documentation:
https://develop.kde.org/docs/extend/plasma/theme/theme-details/#icons-folder

Although some of that information is outdated.

maaanythanks tannington :star_struck: you led me in the ho-chi-min path to solve
here I fount this:
preferences (some apps like bluedevil, krandrtray, text-to-speech)

• filename: preferences.svg
    • bluedevil online ID: preferences-system-bluetooth
    • bluedevil offline ID: preferences-system-bluetooth-inactive

Blockquote
I don’t know why the kde team dicided to put bluetooth in preferences but it was there :rofl:
I modified the icons in /home/user/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/preferences.svgz and it works!!
bluetooth-works-disabled
bluetooth-works-enabled
then I noted that the connected status wasn’t taken into account, looking into the original icon in air desktoptheme /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/preferences.svgz but nothing, then looked into the default theme in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/icons/preferences.svgz and found more icons, one of them was in the group-layer “preferences-system-bluetooth-activated” so I duplicated the icon in /home/user/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/preferences.svgz in “preferences-system-bluetooth” layer/group renamed the layer/group in “preferences-system-bluetooth-activated” and modified
bluetooth-works-good-connected
and it works now!!

Hello pier_andreit,

Congratulations! :smiley:

I created an html-file showing all svg-files, but the bluetooth icon from preferences.svg did not show :thinking:. Glad you solved it.

Kind regards,

Leen

Kind regar

hi leen :grinning: manythanks, how did you looked into the svgz files to look for layer/group names?? commandline or other??