What is it - kio_thumbmail?

After upgrade to kde-4.14.6 (suse 13.1) I become strange notifications if I oppen one of partitions in dolphin “This document contains an unknown checksum. When you give a password it might not be verified.” in a window “Error. kio_thumbmail”. It is so - not thumbnail, but thumbmail. Cose I use Suse in German appears this window twice in English and twice in German. It disturbts. If anybody knows, what is it - kio_thumbmail?

There is no kio_thumbmail, at least not included in KDE or openSUSE 13.1.

Can you please post a screenshot of those notifications?

The message about the unknown checksum seems quite strange to me too.
What kind of partitions are those? Are they encrypted?
Can you mount them with “mount”?

I know that kio_thumbmail does not exist, but the notification write so. The partition is not encripted, ext4, I can mnt and umnt it.
This is a normal window, can post it only tomorrow, this is not my home pc, sorry.

Well, you asked what it is, so… :wink:

This is a normal window, can post it only tomorrow, this is not my home pc, sorry.

It seems you’re not the first one seeing something like this:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2011-02/msg00314.html
(as you use openSUSE in german, you should be able to read that…)
Apparently there’s some typo somewhere in KDE/kio_thumbnail. And indeed if I search for kio_thumbmail in /usr/lib64/kde4/kio_thumbnail.so, I find it

# grep thumbmail /usr/lib64/kde4/kio_thumbnail.so
Binary file /usr/lib64/kde4/kio_thumbnail.so matches

Unfortunately I have no idea at the moment what your actual problem could be or how to fix it.
But I would guess disabling previews in dolphin should help.

I’ve found this thread http://bugs.mandrivalinux.com.narkive.com/PQbtBMi7/bug-43157-dolphin-new-mouse-on-openoffice-calc-files-with-password-open-a-window-which-talk-kio and this is just the same. The partition in question has one encripted odt-file. If I move it in a directory, then become I no pop-ups. If I move the file to other partition, then appear pop-ups by oppening this partition. So something is wrong with Libreoffice encripted files.

Wow, that’s 7 years old.

The partition in question has one encripted odt-file. If I move it in a directory, then become I no pop-ups. If I move the file to other partition, then appear pop-ups by oppening this partition. So something is wrong with Libreoffice encripted files.

Then it’s probably a bug in calligra’s odt thumbnailer.

Try to remove it as a test:

sudo rm /usr/share/kde4/services/words_odt_thumbnail.desktop

Or, so that your change survives updates, copy it to ~/.kde4/share/kde4/services/ (create that directory if it doesn’t exist), open it in a text editor, and add “Hidden=true”.

Or just uninstall calligra if you don’t use/need it.

Thank you, wolfi323, you way works. I have calligra-krita and I need it. I’ve found this thread too https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=313715. So, if I uncheck preview for .odt in dolphin, there is no pop-ups too.

Thanks for the pointer.
I looked at KDE’s bugtracker when writing my previous reply, but didn’t find that one…

PS: regarding “kio_thumbmail”, the bug is that kio_thumbnail sets “kio_thumbmail” in its “about” data (as mentioned, a simple typo it seems).
I guess that should be fixed too, but it’s basically a cosmetical issue and it’s in there since the first KDE4 releases AFAICT (might even be a leftover from KDE3 times)…
I’ll take care of that. (if I don’t forget… :wink: )

It is possible that this is just a joke. And thank you again. I’ve spent 2 days to get rid of these pop-ups.

PS: A maybe better workaround would probably be to just disable previews for odt files in dolphin’s settings->General->Previews.