What is AUXtemp?

Hi,

I hope that it is correct to post it in here. :slight_smile:

After having a problem with my hardware because the little plastic feet that fix the heat sink at the processor broke cause of their age I downloaded and installed superkaramba and added the EasyMonitor theme after installing a new heat sink. Huh, that’s nice. Now I get a load of system infos on my desktop. The CPU temp is at 30 - 45 °C, the system temp at 25 - 35 °C which both are ok but there is another temp called AUXtemp which goes up to 90°C. What is this? In panic I halted the system and opened the case to search for the heat but I didn’t find anything. I touched nearly everything on the board but nothing was that hot. Everything seemed to be ok. Well, 90°C would have burned my finger. Any ideas what this temp could be?

Bye

Erik

AUX = auxillary power, your power supply temperature. I don’t think you really have 90°, it may be that the sensor of it is not configured properly and thus gives you such huge values. You may check the sensors documentation how to adjust sensor values

Hi,

Thanks. The power supply for sure doesn’t have 90°C. If it had this value I would have a bad bladder. :wink:

Bye

Erik