Web cam doesnt work under Facebook

It works fine in Skype etc, but in facebook, it just loads forever. I have Asus N73S with opensuse 12.1 (didnt work under 11.4 eather)… Any ideas to fix this?

Try this; How TO Enable Facebook Video Calling Features In your Facebook Profiles

FacebookVideoCallSetup v1.2.199.0.**exe ** ?

and

“Video calling will be available soon
Please check back later.” :\

On 10/07/2011 01:16 AM, Jonathan R wrote:
>
> Try this; ‘How TO Enable Facebook Video Calling Features In your
> Facebook Profiles’ (http://tinyurl.com/3lzalqk)

does that work for openSUSE?? (or any Linux?)

DD
openSUSE®, the “German Automobiles” of operating systems

My appologies. I did not trace down the url or try it, since I was at work when I posted it. All the other pages I came accross said its not yet available for Linux, and that was in July. It works in G+ though. Might want to try G+.

How does G+ help fix this issue? I wanna take profile picture in Facebook with webcam, but it doesnt work in there, It just loads that flash window forever

G+ is an alternative to Facebook. At present is seems that doing webcam with facebook is not possible on Linux. Webcam works though with G+.

Like i said in first post, cam works in lots of places but not in fb. Yes, in g+also. I just wanted to know if someone had similar issue and knows fix for it. Telling me to change fb to g+ really doesnt help.

Like I said, at this time it does not seem to work in any Linux distribution. There are several articles on this. So you have your answer.

On 10/07/2011 06:16 PM, Owdy wrote:
>
> How does G+ help fix this issue? I wanna take profile picture in
> Facebook with webcam

you could take a profile pix in G+, download it, then up it to facebook…

DD
openSUSE®, the “German Automobiles” of operating systems

On linux distribution there are ways to connect currently. Also there are other cams you can connect and check like here: http://www.viralcameras.com/0/posts/6-animals-zoo/9-animals-zoo/24442-united-states-online-camera-pittsburgh-watch-cam-.html