Was there a roll back in Mesa ?

I currently have Mesa 9.0.2-34.6.1 installed, and I noted today in YaST > Software Management that all my Mesa packages are in the colour red, and it appears there is an older 9.0.2-34.3.1 available. The red colour suggests to me that there was a roll back in the packaged openSUSE Mesa version from 9.0.2-34.6.1 to 9.0.2-34.3.1.

Has anyone else experienced/noticed this ? Anyway know the reason for the roll back (if that is the case) ?

Yes I have seen that too.
There was a problem with some updates missing the patchinfo description, those are being rebuilt and rereleased.
But I’m not sure if Mesa was one of them… Well, I guess it is, since it’s already part of the Update-Test repo again.

On 05/30/2013 05:46 AM, oldcpu pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
> I currently have Mesa 9.0.2-34.6.1 installed, and I noted today in YaST
>> Software Management that all my Mesa packages are in the colour red,
> and it appears there is an older 9.0.2-34.3.1 available. The red colour
> suggests to me that there was a roll back in the packaged openSUSE Mesa
> version from 9.0.2-34.6.1 to 9.0.2-34.3.1.
>
> Has anyone else experienced/noticed this ? Anyway know the reason for
> the roll back (if that is the case) ?
>
>

The color red means that you have a newer version installed then what is
available from any enabled repo. This is normal and does not necessarily
mean you have a problem

One of the ways this can happen is by downloading a newer version of a
package from a source different from the repos you have defined and
installing it by the command line with

zypper in /path/to/packagename.rpm

or if you add a repo with a newer version of a package, install the
newer version and then remove the repo.

HTH

Ken

Indeed I’m familiar with that. Its a good point for other’s who do may not have known what you noted.

To go a step further, for years I’ve been pushing users to stick with only the OSS, Non-Oss and Update (OSS/Non-OSS) and packman and NO OTHER repositories. I follow that philosophy myself, so in the case of Mesa, it is not credible for the version to come from elsewhere.

I think if you check the versions of Mesa I mentioned, you will note they are from openSUSE OSS/OSS-update and not from some other repository. So clearly this is someone who controls the OSS or OSS-update repository removing the version of Mesa and having an older version there. And thus the question - why ?

I already answered this above.:wink: