Wanna install opensuse

Hello people,
I have been using ubuntu for a good time and now i want to install opensuse.I have dwnlded the new (11.2) version 2 times but on installing it says unable to create repository.
it takes a full day to dwnld here… please suggest how to use the existing dwnld or a way toget a correct dwnld. i think the earlier one is corrupt.

Are you installing from the Live CD or the DVD? I installed from the Live CD, it’s significantly smaller to download. Try running the live cd, see if it works. you can install from there. Have you checked the md5sum?

Are you wiping your whole hd or just the root drive?

See i want the complete features…Is it possible to upgrade if i install from live cd. and i am planning to use it together with windows…can metalinks help me?

If it was me in such a situation, and if my budget was very small, I would purchase a copy of the DVD, and install from the DVD. There are many places on the web from where one can buy such DVDs. … For example, if you go to distrowatch you will see a link to this site: Welcome to Linux Cd.org - Best prices for your favorite distro! … which takes one here for the DVD: Welcome to Linux Cd.org - openSUSE 11.2 DVD - 32 Bits - (x86) but by no means is that the only place where one can go.

In my case, even though I have a VERY high internet connection with unlimited bandwidth, I typically purchase the DVD boxed set. But that is not necessary , and for those on limited budgets there are other options, such as that which I described.

Hey i just want to ask why i am getting this error unable to create repository in my every dwnnld.I am actually frustrated…you just tell me how to resolve it or suggest another way of dwnldng. and hw abt metalinks?can they help me?:’(:’(

I’ve read of users having that problem because of an ipv6 hiccup. You could try searching on ipv6 and see if you can find a hint there … For example possibly something in this thread (toward the end): Still not able to update - openSUSE Forums

Hey is there an option to skip the creation of repositories while th time of install and then get them from the net<lik some boot option etc…>just tell me a way to install this man!and one more thing is there such a problem with live cd also or its only with the dvd.if its nt with the live cd…i would install using that and add the required packages afterwards…

When I moved to 11.2 I first downloaded the DVD and had nothing but problems- I just thought it was a bad download and rather than do such a large download over again I downloaded the CD and went from there. The CD worked perfectly so I never looked into the DVD problem.
So, maybe you should try the CD version and see if it works.

Yeah…this one seems to be the last option…

Noks28 wrote:
> Hey i just want to ask why i am getting this error unable to create
> repository in my every dwnnld.I am actually frustrated…you just tell
> me how to resolve it or suggest another way of dwnldng. and hw abt
> metalinks?can they help me?:’(:’(
>
>
i think you are correct: the FIRST thing you have to do is get a 100%
correct downloaded iso image, and CKECK it with md5sum…

ANY attempt to install from 99.99% correct install media is NOT a good
idea…

go here and read: http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Help

you will find the answer to how to get a good download, how to use a
torrent to complete and/or repair a broken download (do NOT just click
the hhtp download button again!)

AND, read the help specficially written to get new folks started off
on the correct path to happiness here:

http://forums.opensuse.org/new-user-how-faq-read-only/424611-new-users-opensuse-pre-install-general-please-read.html
http://forums.opensuse.org/new-user-how-faq-read-only/424615-new-users-suse-11-2-pre-installation-please-read.html

hint: if you don’t have time to read then just keep trying all
possible ways you can think of to get create repos…eventually you
will see there is a better way: read first!

palladium