Wallpaper change in 11.2

Ok, the 11.2 release is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Kudos to everyone.

I have a minor issue, though. In the previous release with KDE 4.1, the wallpaper slide show changed images instantaneously, and everything was fine. With KDE 4.3, whenever the wallpaper image changes, the system slows down for a couple of seconds, probably to the fading-in transition of the image. This is a bit annoying. I know, I can change the frequency with which images are changed, but I would prefer it if I didn’t and just had the images change instantaneously, as in the previous release of KDE.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I can live without the smooth transition between images, if having them means that the system exhibits occasional jerky response.

Thanks!

Sav

This is more likely an issue with the graphics and desktop effects IMO
If you run top in a terminal and watch it with the slideshow changing, see if xorg or kwin spike

I noticed something like this on both 11.1 and 11.2, while running with the stock video driver(nv in my case). Did you get the ATI driver updated?

I have the latest ATI drivers - although they gave me some trouble during installation. Someone should really point out in the documentation that kernel-desktop modules are the ones to install and not desktop-default. Anyway, the ATI drivers are the latest (without Catalyst), and at the transition, Plasma Desktop shows a 2% CPU usage, but I didn’t see anything else.

Any other ideas?

I use a slideshow on my Box, but that is Fedora 11
But it’s a smooth as silk knickers;)
I can use it on my 11.2 Laptop but don’t, simply because it’s unnecessary. And I tend in the main not to use what I consider clutter. I use a lot of apps at once on my Laptop so it needs to be as free as possible.