Wacom INtuos 2 Serial

Hi, just updated to OpenSuse 11.3, it appears that installing the Intus 2 Wacom Serial tabled is different in this version. I already searched on this board and on Google but information listed is about the bamboo version and USB, not serial.

In previous versions it was easy to config with X-11.

So, how it’s done in this version ?

Important, it’s the serial version.

None knows … :frowning:

I kinda of need this for work.

Anyway, I read about the ‘wacom-project’, just want to make sure before I mess-up anything.

Serial Wacom Intuos 2. help ?

:slight_smile:

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:06:03 +0000, mhunt0 wrote:

> None knows … :frowning:
>
> I kinda of need this for work.
>
> Anyway, I read about the ‘wacom-project’, just want to make sure before
> I mess-up anything.
>
> Serial Wacom Intuos 2. help ?
>
> :slight_smile:

I’ve only worked with the Intuos4 USB device myself - chances are you
need to first set up the serial port for the correct settings.

You might have more luck asking on the Wacom mailing lists - I access
them through gmane.org; you might find some tips there in the archives.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I’ll do it, thank you.

It was so simple in the past with the X11 config. :frowning:

nope, search doesn’t returns info on serial tablets. Just USB.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:36:02 +0000, mhunt0 wrote:

> nope, search doesn’t returns info on serial tablets. Just USB.

You might then follow up with a question on that ML - I know serial has
been talked about in the past, but it’s been a while as Ping spends most
of his time working on the newer USB tablet support.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

:frowning:

Tried the full procedure of the wacom-project, dowloading the drivers for both x-server and to create wacon.co. no luck. The wacomdump utility on the terminal does registers the movements but only there.

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 00:06:01 +0000, mhunt0 wrote:

> :frowning:
>
> Tried the full procedure of the wacom-project, dowloading the drivers
> for both x-server and to create wacon.co. no luck. The wacomdump utility
> on the terminal does registers the movements but only there.

Do you have the wacom X11 package installed?

What’s the output of:

rpm -qa | grep -i wacom

?

Again, you might ask on the wacom mailing lists as those folks will be
able to give you concrete help - I’m just shooting in the dark here in
anything I say because I don’t have a serial tablet.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Apparently I do, the output is:

wacom-kmp-default-0.8.1_k2.6.34.7_0.2-11.1.2.i586

I did all the steps there and listed here:

Installing a Wacom tablet on OpenSUSe 11.3, 32 or 64 bit

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 02:06:02 +0000, mhunt0 wrote:

> Apparently I do, the output is:
>
> wacom-kmp-default-0.8.1_k2.6.34.7_0.2-11.1.2.i586
>
>
> I did all the steps there and listed here:
>
> ‘Installing a Wacom tablet on OpenSUSe 11.3, 32 or 64 bit’
> (http://tinyurl.com/27kjocl)

You may also want to/need to install the x11-input-wacom and x11-input-
wacom-tools packages (I’m running 11.2 here and those are installed on my
system as well).

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I made the search and those are no part of 11.3, google for it and found a comment that says that they were replaced by:

xorg-x11-driver-input

Which I have installed.