I’m having some audio issues that I hope someone can help with, or at least point me in the right direction.
It’s a fresh install of Tumbleweed KDE, fully updated, no extra software / codecs installed.
Sound-card given as “Intel Sunrise Point-H HD Audio”.
The issue is this:
- the volume mute / un-mute button works
- the volume up / down buttons work in that the little graphic and moving slider appears on screen, but the volume doesn’t change
. If it goes down to mute, the sound is muted, but on anything but 0% the volume is at a fixed level. - Using the KDE Audio Settings, Output Devices - same thing - using the slider does not change the volume, unless down to 0% to mute it.
Interestingly if playing some music eg in Amarok - the slider in KDE Audio Settings, Applications tab does work, and whatever volume it is left on (even when that application has been closed down), that is the overall system volume as above.
Also - alerts eg Software Update pop-ups are at a different volume to above.
I hope all that makes sense.
- speaker-test works fine
- ALSA driver version k4.6.3-1-default
- cat /proc/asound/modules gives - 0 snd_hda_intel
- cat /proc/asound/cards gives - 0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH, HDA Intel PCH at 0xdd128000 irq 137
Under YaST the sound configuration is 0 - Sunrise Point-H HD Audio, driver snd-hda-intel
Any help would be much appreciated,