Vmware workstation configuration error after Kernel update to 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop x86_64

Need to compile some modules but have error;

Can command ’ ‘’’’/usr/bin/vmware-modconfig’’’ --icon=’’‘vmware-workstation’’’ --appname=’’‘VMware’’’ --gcc=’’’/usr/bin/gcc’’’ --headers=’’’/lib/modules/2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop/build/include’’’ --gcc-ignore-minor ‘’ not run.

Found it…:wink:

sudo vmware-modconfig --install-all

It works for me…

I am also having this problem. But when I do the modconfig command from the terminal, I get this error.

GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)

Any help would be appreciated.

The correct command is:

sudo vmware-modconfig --console --install-all

See here for complete info.
Works for me in 11.4 64-bit.

Yes, it works and simply “sudo vmware” works too. But did you try to use a wireless bridged connection? By the way that is a traditional opensuse kernel bug. The nat connection works, but slowly for me. I am an old suse user so I learned keeping 3 copies of the installation, each one for one of the 3 last updates. Filing a bug would be just a waste of time, so the only solution is a rollback.

Again by the way, Microsoft uses the half of the own programmers as developers and the other half as testers. If the code written by a developer is not enough robust hi will be working for a couple of years as tester. The reason: a developer can’t test successfully the own code simply because hi knows how the code is written. We can criticize by Microsoft everything, but not the professionalism.

Sorry for the wrong information! After checking carefully I am sure that this time there is no such a bug in the kernel, I am really glad to admit I was wrong. :slight_smile: