Visual probs with Knetworkmanager...

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it is wireless related…

I run KDE4.2.3 with the latest knetworkmanager installed. However, now I get multiple listings of my own (and sometimes other) wireless networks.

How do I get this application to show only the one instance, instead of the messy cluster that it currently is?

I have a couple of screenshots of what I’m referring to, but this forum currently prevents me from uploading them.

Cheers.

That sounds rather odd.
Are you talking about the area ‘New Connection’?

Because in ‘Edit Connections’ - This just covers connections you have already setup. So if multiple instances are here, you just need to delete the extra ones.

When you click on the wireless ‘transmit antenna’ icon on the panel (system tray), it brings up a huge selection of networks - all of them the same.

I can dump all the unused ones from the wireless tab under network configuration, and some of the extras dissappear but not all.

It worked fine in the previous version before they added the connect to hidden network option.

Maybe I need to roll back to the previous version?

It’s kind of hard to explain what’s happening without the aide of screen shots.

Are we to assume this is the kde4 network manager? I still use the kde3 one, even though I’m beta testing kde4.3

Yep, the newest version for kde4. I didn’t think the kde3 version was recommended for kde4?? Or was that wicd?

Actually, the kde3 network manager should install by default, even in kde4. Many give glowing reports on wicd

So I could roll back to the kde3 version in ‘install software’? Would I just choose to uninstall everything for knetworkmanager kde4 and check all knetworkmanager kde3?

This is what I have installed:

http://thumbnails17.imagebam.com/4041/93665240409199.gif](http://www.imagebam.com/image/93665240409199/)

Thanks caf, thats fixed the prob. :wink:

Good to hear.
FYI: Some who have used the kde4 version have also had problems using encryption with some wireless devices.

caf4926 wrote:
> Good to hear.
> FYI: Some who have used the kde4 version have also had problems using
> encryption with some wireless devices.

That certainly is the case with openSUSE 11.2 and KDE4 with WPA or
WPA2. Gnome and ifup both work, but KDE fails to provide the network
information to wpa_supplicant. It fails for ALL wireless devices.