virtualbox error

Would someone be so kind as to either point me to the needed information or give to me in detail. I am getting this in 12.1 after downloading from Oracle latest VB.
I am new to open SUSE, trying to find my way around and appreciate any help. Thanks
Kernel driver not installed(rc=-1908)

The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) iseither not loaded or there is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv.Please reinstall the kernel module by executing

‘/etc/init.d/vboxdrvsetup’

as root. If it is available in yourdistribution, you should install the DKMS package first. This packagekeeps track of Linux kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernelmodule if necessary.

You need to be added to the vboxusers group (for security reasons?) and also will need development headers for your current kernel.

First, In Yast2, go to the section for users and groups. Highlight your user and click edit. Next go to the details tab and make sure vboxusers is checked under additional groups. Press ok to save.

When that is done open the software management in yast2 and a terminal. In the terminal type uname -a. If it says you are using “kernel-default” install kernel-default-devel. If it says “kernel-desktop” use kernel-desktop-devel. Please install only the one you need not both. Also go to the section called patterns, and check the one near the bottom called Base Development. After the kernel devel and base development are fully installed go to the terminal you have open.

Type: su - And then enter your password when prompted. To install and enable virtualbox module, type: **/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

**Log out and log back in an virtualbox should work.

The speed was awesome, detail astounding, and my thanks very best

That sorted it then? I am glad I could help. :slight_smile: