VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so missing in 12.3-64 with lxde

Thanks for the response, caf4926!

I see I have get_iplayer available, but not installed.

Puzzling with the acetoneliso download, I noticed something of an errror display in the Process Progress panel. When a youtube download fails this message displays:

Usage: youtube-dl [options] url [
youtube-dl error: no such option -b

That led me to check for youtube-dl. It was available, but not installed. I installed it, but that didn’t change the acetoneliso behavior. The error message makes it look like acetoneliso has it’s internal version of youtube-dl. Could it be missing the path to youtube-dl?

After installing youtube-dl which is a command line tool, it downloaded youtube videos very nicely, but not metacafe. Surfing some more, I found ccline which I installed. I only used ccline for downloading metacafe videos, but it worked very well.

So at this point, I would like to mark this thread solved. I now have a way to download videos and at least one tool that will create a video DVD I can play on a TV set using a DVD player. Thanks again to the responsers! Heboland.]()

There is no official Solved marking but you can add it to the Title as I have

I have to agree about AcetoneISO downloading not working.

On the rare times I might want to download a youtube or similar file I use the Extension for firefox you mentioned earlier, which I think you can have it convert the file on the fly to various formats.

Sorry, took me a bit longer to try…

As I said, it shouldn’t be necessary anymore for a while now to install 32bit stuff for video converting. Also, ia32libs is a Debian/Ubuntu thing AFAIK.

You are a konq user. Does it have a youtube download plugin that isn’t a commercial enterprise?

Sorry, no idea. I don’t use such things. That’s why I didn’t know that AcetoneISO’s download functionality doesn’t work anymore!:wink:

Regarding AcetoneISO’s youtube download function:
I also only suggested AcetoneISO, because you asked “Are those binary dvd files the province of a hex editor, or are there applications that can display those contents in a friendlier format?”. Never tried the video functions (I think I mentioned that already).

Well, AcetoneISO doesn’t seem to be compatible with the current “youtube-dl” (it calls it with the unknown parameter ‘-b’).
But you can use “youtube-dl” manually, it’s located in the directory ~/.acetoneiso:

~/.acetoneiso/youtube-dl *youtubevideourl*

I just tried it, worked fine (even without an account) and creates an mp4 video file.

Maybe I will try to create an AcetoneISO package that works with youtube-dl again in the next days, shouldn’t be too hard.:wink: