vapor-2.0.2 build: fatal error: QGLWidget: No such file or directory

Hi
There should now be an update for you to try out. Can you confirm all is ok with the package and the command line stuff works ok.

What do you mean with an update?

I tried to install from the software rpm page you posted and Yast complained that the required software was not found on the repository.

Hi
The 2.0.2-3.1 version?
software.opensuse.org: Search Results

Did you install the previous version in this repository?

Yeah that’s the one.

No I installed by compiling the source as per your last instructions.

Hi
Ahh, ok, so did you download the rpm and install manually?

zypper in vapor-2.0.2-3.1.x86_64.rpm

Or did you try the one-click?

I actually went through KPackageKit but yes I did download the rpm.

Hi
So did it add my testing repository? If you run;

zypper lr

You should see a repository home:malcolmlewis:Testing? Else what file(s) is it complaining about not finding? The necessary ones for building (and installation) are there, the rest come from a standard openSUSE install.

Also pushed the changes upstream, so will see what happens…
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3335888&group_id=175015&atid=871531

I went back and downloaded the rpm and installed with zypper. Here is the zypper install output:

sudo zypper in vapor-2.0.2-3.1.x86_64.rpm
root's password:
Retrieving repository 'openSUSE BuildService - devel:languages:python' metadata [done]
Building repository 'openSUSE BuildService - devel:languages:python' cache [done]
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  vapor 

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 1.8 MiB. After the operation, additional 6.7 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): 
Retrieving package vapor-2.0.2-3.1.x86_64 (1/1), 1.8 MiB (6.7 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving package vapor-2.0.2-3.1.x86_64 (1/1), 1.8 MiB (6.7 MiB unpacked)
Installing: vapor-2.0.2-3.1 [done]
Additional rpm output:
warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/_tmpRPMcache_/vapor-2.0.2-3.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID d83ee527: NOKEY

The output of zypper lr:

zypper lr
#  | Alias                             | Name                                           | Enabled | Refresh
---+-----------------------------------+------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
 1 | download.opensuse.org-Community   | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community         | Yes     | Yes    
 2 | download.opensuse.org-Education   | openSUSE BuildService - Education              | Yes     | Yes    
 3 | download.opensuse.org-UpdatedApps | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:UpdatedApps        | Yes     | Yes    
 4 | download.opensuse.org-games       | openSUSE BuildService - Games                  | Yes     | Yes    
 5 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla     | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla                | Yes     | Yes    
 6 | download.opensuse.org-python      | openSUSE BuildService - devel:languages:python | Yes     | Yes    
 7 | download.opensuse.org-standard    | Main Repository (Contrib)                      | Yes     | Yes    
 8 | packman.inode.at-suse             | Packman Repository                             | Yes     | Yes    
 9 | repo-debug                        | openSUSE-11.4-Debug                            | No      | Yes    
10 | repo-debug-update                 | openSUSE-11.4-Update-Debug                     | No      | Yes    
11 | repo-non-oss                      | openSUSE-11.4-Non-Oss                          | Yes     | Yes    
12 | repo-oss                          | openSUSE-11.4-Oss                              | Yes     | Yes    
13 | repo-source                       | openSUSE-11.4-Source                           | No      | Yes    
14 | repo-update                       | openSUSE-11.4-Update                           | Yes     | Yes

And zypper info vapor:

zypper info vapor
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package vapor:

Repository: @System
Name: vapor
Version: 2.0.2-3.1
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: obs://build.opensuse.org/home:malcolmlewis
Installed: Yes
Installed Size: 6.7 MiB
Summary: Visualization and Analysis Platform for Ocean, Atmosphere and Solar Researchers
Description: 
This application is the Visualization and Analysis Platform for Ocean,
Atmosphere and Solar Researchers. VAPOR provides an interactive 3D
visualization environment that runs on most UNIX and Windows systems
equipped with modern 3D graphics cards.

Features

* A visual data discovery environment tailored towards the specialized
  needs of the astro and geosciences CFD community
* A desktop solution capable of handling terascale size data sets
* Advanced interactive 3D visualization tightly coupled with
  quantitative data analysis
* Support for multi-variate, time-varying data
* Close coupling with RSI's powerful interpretive data language, IDL.
* Support for 3D visualization of WRF-ARW datasets

By the way I can’t find the vapor rpm if I try from the package search field at the top of the official Download openSUSE 11.4 page

Hi
Ahh, so it’s all installed then, the executable’s are all in /usr/bin so just open a terminal to run

amr_ex       flashamr2vdf    raw2vdf       vaporversion  vdfedit  wrfvdfcreate
asciitf2vtf  flashvdfcreate  tiff2geotiff  vdf2raw       vdfls
cart2layer   ncdf2vdf        vaporgui      vdfcreate     wrf2vdf

There should also be a entry under applications -> recently installed which is vaporgui.

Yep I got all that. Vapor launched correctly as well from the newly installed icon as well as from the command line. The executables seem to work. I don’t have any input files to process but they terminate correctly by showing Usage and Options for each command.

Still I can’t find your repository from zypper lr.

Ahh excellent, yes to add the repository you need to use the one-click method or from the command line;

zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/malcolmlewis:/Testing/openSUSE_11.4 home:malcolmlewis:Testing

There are also man pages as well as html documentation in /usr/share/doc/vapor/html

Very cool! I just added the repository.