Using XBMC as unpn client music player

After several unsuccessful attempts to find a upnp client player to play music streamed by Twonky somebody suggested XBMC and it worked. At least it did until last upgrade and now it seems it can be used as a upnp server but I am unable to get it to see or play from twonky server. Anybody else tried this and found solution?
Budgie2

After 466 posts of yourself and undoubtetly having read many other threads, you realy must now know that we need your openSUSE version and preferable the desktop you use.

I do not mind trying to teach this to new members, but you are an old hand it seems.

Ouch! Sorry about that.
System: openSUSE 12.1 (i586)
KDE: 4.7.2 (4.7.2) “release 5”

The issue seems to be setting up the firewall correctly to allow UPnP/SSDP protocols. I am uncomfortable with UPnP but all of this A/V activity is behind a firewall router and I only need UPnP functionality between devices on my lan subnet.
I have a similar problem with Minimserver which uses the same protocols and port 1900. I have opened port 1900 for UDP traffic on the computer and this does not work. If I turn off the firewall then all works. Do you know how I can sort this out. The firewall logging has been set so there may be information on rejected packets which might give a clue.

Hi
Try UDP 1900 and TCP 9000. Else have a browse of this thread:
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472180

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 3.0.38-0.5-default
up 2 days 6:54, 3 users, load average: 2.35, 2.28, 2.25
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Hi Malcolm,
Many thanks. Now working OK but there is still a time issue in how long device discovery takes.