Using opensuse virtual appliance: newbie questions

I have downloaded the appliance and am running a OBS server and OBS worker on it. I’ll be using this local OBS setup to build for Meego.

Here are the questions:

1. I used the /usr/sbin/obs_mirror_project script to mirror one of the Meego projects from build.meego.com. This script downloaded all of the rpms that the project had to /srv/obs/<project_name>/<repo_name>/arch/:full directory.
    But when I access the project through the UI, I don’t see any packages. Is this expected?
  2. I uploaded some source code to my home project in local OBS for building. The code is being built - in the build log, I see that it is installing packages such as libgcc, pkg-config, gcc, etc. before building. From where does the local OBS get these packages?
  3. There are some packages that the build is unable to find. But they are available in my mirrored project. And the mirrored project is added to my home:project as the “Build Target”. I was assuming that the required packages are automatically downloaded from the “Build Target” project… is this assumption wrong? How do I provide the missing packages to my local OBS?

Sorry for all these questions… I am a OBS newbie and intend to learn more.

Thanks for your help,
pmat

Hi
Have a read here, you need to setup an osbuild-packagecache (see your
~/.oscrc file)
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial#Build_your_package_locally

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.13-0.5-default
up 23:31, 2 users, load average: 0.33, 0.20, 0.13
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 256.53

osbuild-packagecache seems to be for the cases where osc is used to build packages locally. But I am trying to use a local OBS server. Is this applicable in my case?

Hi
Well it must be the location where you store you rpms on the OBS…? I
would assume it’s the same because you run as abuild, therefore there
must be a oscrc file for the user?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.13-0.5-default
up 1 day 20:11, 3 users, load average: 0.14, 0.22, 0.18
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 256.53