USB - wireless mouse not working

My wireless mouse isn’t working. Untill recently the fix was plugging the reciever into a different port but now it stopped working completely.
This is the dmesg output after I plug in the reciever:

 9360.671277] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
 9360.799306] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
 9361.727318] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71

Help would be much aprreciated, as I suck at using the trackpad :slight_smile:

EDIT: I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but I’ve recently installed ST-Link drivers for STM32 development boards.

That could very well be related, yes. Can you rollback and try?

That wasn’t it, although I get new error messages:

  142.624153] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
  142.752234] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address.
  142.960198] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address.
  143.168147] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 5, error -71

Also there’s a bunch of ACPI errors on boot.

A bug report might be needed for this, especially as you you mention that this was working previously. If you boot with the previous kernel (refer ‘Advanced option…’ in grub menu), does it work properly?

It may be possible to workaround (depending on the underlying host controller chipset), by forcing a given port to behave as a USB 2.0 port as explained here
but it’s really a hack at best.

It should be the stlink drivers but I’m most likely missing something, because it was the same on my previous system (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) where I installed the drivers and the mouse stopped working. I switched to openSUSE (because ubuntu is ugly :D), and I thought if it’s an OS problem it would be fixed, but apparently not. What i did before it stopped working was installed libusb 1_0-devel and stlink. Maybe having the microcontroller plugged in messed something up, I don’t know. I don’t think it’s a bug though.