That is nice and ok, but does it help to figure out why the automatic switch from libhd25 to libhd26 on the TO’s system does not work?
I picked out one of the packges from the TO’s system which is marked as “System package” as it depends on libhd25 (indirectly through ntfs-3g -> ntfsprogs -> libntfs-3g90 ->libhd2*) whereas the updated packages depend on libhd26.
I’ll install pdfmixtool.
About installation 99.9% I installed (years ago) Tumbleweed in the partition where I had 15.4 formatting it. Usually I format always root partition when install.
Tried first zypper dup because is easy but I get same message I had before.
~> sudo zypper up ntfs-3g
[sudo] password for root:
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...
The following package is going to be upgraded:
ntfs-3g
1 package to upgrade.
Package download size: 129.4 KiB
Package install size change:
| 313.7 KiB required by packages that will be installed
0 B | - 313.7 KiB released by packages that will be removed
Backend: classic_rpmtrans
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y):
Done with only 1 conflict solved, zypper dup still with conflict.
I’ll start again “zypper dup” and accept substitution. If system will have problem I’ll install Tumbleweed again formatting root partition.
If you prefer to keep using pdfsam-basic, it doesn’t need to be installed as a package. It’s just a shell script that launches a java applet.
The official website provides a .deb package for Debian-based distributions and a tar.gz for everyone else. You can extract the .tar.gz to somewhere convenient (I keep a ~/.local/opt/ directory for such occasions), then start it with pdfsam-basic-6.0.6-linux-x64/bin/pdfsam.sh. Add a .desktop file for it in ~/.local/share/applications/ for easy access.