Update problems

In the last days, I began with problems about the updates: Each time Update Applet wants to search updates I get to much errors like the following:

PackageKit Error repo-not-available: Failed to download /repodata/repomd.xml from http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.3/

Also, I did notice that some times I get a connection error when I try to reach any site of Internet.

I checked the network card configuration of openSuse 11.3, and found ‘/24’ as value of subnet mask. I changed this value to ‘255.255.255.0’ several times, but the value become ‘/24’, again.
Other machines in the network, doesn have problems.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

I am having a similar problem… I’m thinking maybe their server is down or something :frowning: I doubt it’s something to do with your network card especially if you can get on line.

Of course if anyone has a better idea please let us know

Actually thinking about it… Let us know anyway!!! :wink:

Also my output from YAST is :

Dowload failed:
Failed to download ./repodata/…-deltainfo.xml.gz from Index of /update/11.3
History:

  • [EpatMetalinkProcessor.cc:163] Cannot parse metalink XML file. XML may be malformed.
  • 1 to this problem.

Same problem with opensuse servers…

+1
Similar problem, similar output from YAST:
Download failed:
Failed to download ./repodata/…-deltainfo.xml.gz from Index of /update/11.3

Even I’m experiencing the same problem. Is it really a problem of openSUSE’s servers, or does it have something to do with my computer ?

It’s obviously server-related.

You could try a different mirror if you are desperate …

+1 to this problem. Would really like a fix. :frowning:

I did some poking around the web, and it appears some people have a similar problem just before a new release comes out for the past few releases. Is this going to be a normal occurance? Considering going back to another distro of linux.

Seems the first issue is fixed. Antenore kindly created a bug report here: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=641009
I’ve added in some of my details as well.

Oh and pardon my rudenes in my first post… I promise to wait at least a half hour after waking up before posting comments again. :wink:

I will switch on my machine on Friday on because today i go to the soccer and tomorrow to aldi and edeka.

I think, it’s not only repos problem.
Some times I get “connection failed” when I want to reach any site of Internet with a browser, like Firefox.
May be, some downloaded update isn’t good.
By the way, I’m talking about openSuse 11.3.
Thank you.

I’ve not had problems browsing the web. Posting this from firefox from an affected box.

Only some times, I get “connection failed”.
Most times, I can browse normally.

I just did a Yast update from the Update repo and everything seems fine now.

@aecordoba, your network card is correct, /24 is the same as 255.255.255.0.

Thank you, udaman! I`ll try when I get home.

Yes seems to be server related as all okay again on my system! I panic like a baby without milk when I can’t do my up-dates! :smiley:

Yup. Confirmed working for me as well.
But… I found another bug, as found in this thread.

For me, it happen the same things…!