Unstable Wifi

Hello, I’ve installed opensuse leap 42.1 (KDE) on my (lenovo z50-70 with rtl8723be) like a week ago and i’ve noticed a problem with the wifi, it’s unstable ! it’s working but not perfect it because after some time i run out of the internet it’s says it’s connected but it’s doesn’t look like it is and sometimes when i disconnect it and connect again it works but after some time it goes wrong again ! or after changing the user … so how do i fix it please ?

Welcome to openSUSE Forums. I don’t have this wireless hardware (ie using the rtl8723be driver), but a quick search online with ‘rtl8723be unstable’ (and similar) turns up a number of threads (across various distros) and a common suggestion is to be load the driver with the following options

options rtl8723be fwlps=N ips=N" 

This is achieved by creating a config file in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory. For example

echo "options rtl8723be fwlps=N ips=N" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf

Then reload the wireless driver like this

sudo modprobe -r rtl8723be
sudo modprobe rtl8723be

See if that helps.

If the above doesn’t work, I also want to share this bug report with you since you have a Lenovo laptop and may be impacted (but this may have been fixed with newer kernels)…

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1442908

thanks for your reply :smiley: and i’ll try this and tell you the results i hope it works !