Unreal Tournament 2004 on Leap 15.1?

Has anyone succeeded in getting this aged but cool game installed and updated for online play?
I’m able to install it (it installs the 64-bit version)

patti@linux-lhkc:/OSS/Data_Part/users/ut2004/System> ldd ./ut2004-bin
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fffde3b0000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00002add47c49000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00002add47e4d000)
        ./libSDL-1.2.so.0 (0x00002add47a7d000)
        libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5 (0x00002add4806b000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00002add4834b000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00002add48683000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00002add4889b000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00002add47a21000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 (0x00002add48c55000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6 (0x00002add48f96000)
        libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1 (0x00002add491a8000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6 (0x00002add493d1000)
(base) patti@linux-lhkc:/OSS/Data_Part/users/ut2004/System>

…but when trying to install the “latest” patches, it seems to get confused between 32bit and 64bit, and I’ve so far been unable to trouble-shoot that. In digging through my memory on this, I seem to recall a command line command which forced linux to act as if it were a 32-bit distro (and it would hence install the 32-bit version of ut2k4). Something like run32 or lin32 - which may be depricated now. (I did install LEAP 15.1 with the option to install the 32-bit runtimes.)

So, something like: ** ~> run32 sh linux-installer.sh** might cause the linux installer to install the 32 bit versions of everything, thus avoiding the version mismatch which occurs when I install the latest patches to the game (which I believe are only 32 bit).

Thanks In Advance,
PattiM :slight_smile:

EDIT: Ah - it’s called “linux32” (geeze my memory is getting bad!)

Thanks for keeping old threads alive and well on this forum!!


**linux32(8) - Linux man page**


 setarch - change reported architecture in new program environment and set personality flags **Synopsis**

 **setarch** *arch* *options*] *program* *arguments*]]
*arch* *options*] *program* *arguments*]] **Description**

   **setarch** This utility currently only affects the output of uname -m. For example, on an AMD64 system, running 'setarch i386 program' will cause 'program' to see *i686* (or other relevant arch) instead of *x86_64* as machine type. It also allows to set various personality options. The default **program** is /bin/sh. 

EDIT2: However, ultimately the fix was exceedingly simple. After installing default (64-bit) then applying the patch megapack, the ut2004 launcher referenced the 32-bit binary. I renamed the 32-bit binary (ut2004-bin) in the System directory to ut2004-bin-32bit and linked the 64-bit binary (ut2004-bin-linux-amd64) to ut2004-bin, still in the system directory. Fixed. lol!