Unexplainable breakdown - can't start new processes

Hi forum

Over the last few weeks I use openSuse as LTSP server with kiwi-ltsp. Since then i noticed unexplainable server breakdowns.

The problem can be reproduces itself after a while … 1-3 days of running after last reboot. A reboot solves every problem, but this i no solution. The problem shows itself when f.eks. no new processes are able to be started. Sometimes i can move the cursor into the password field at login, but i can’t enter a password. Sometimes i even can login with ssh, but can’t run any process. Not even ls og top. Sometimes just some processes stops working for instance nbd stopped and couldn’t be restarted the last time.

I’ve looked in the log files to find any clue on what is cousing this. Mostly the log is just empty from the time where the error begins. I guess that not even a log entry is possible.

Please help, i don’t know why this is happening.

My setup:
Running as a virual machine on VMWARE ESX
OpenSuse 11.0 - Linux rikke 2.6.25.5-1.1-pae #1 SMP 2008-06-07 01:55:22 +0200 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Ram: 14 GB
CPU: 4x

Note: I have another openSuse 11.0 install running on the ESX server without any problem.