Unable to start tovid simple gui...

Hi! I am using Opensuse 11 kde 4.1 from factory. I recently installed tovid. It installed fine and did not report any errors.
According to Yast the version is tovid-0.31-0.pm.svn20071006. When i run the program from the command line i get the following:

geo@linux-7p0f:~> makemenugui
tovidgui requires wxPython 2.6 or 2.8.
Please install or upgrade wxPython.

However the package python-wxGTK 2.8.4.0-53 is already installed.
Please help me because the “fancy gui” (which actually works without a problem) is far more complicated to use than the “simple gui” of tovid.
Thanks.

geodoc wrote:

>
> Hi! I am using Opensuse 11 kde 4.1 from factory. I recently installed
> tovid. It installed fine and did not report any errors.
> According to Yast the version is tovid-0.31-0.pm.svn20071006. When i
> run the program from the command line i get the following:
>
> geo@linux-7p0f:~> makemenugui
> tovidgui requires wxPython 2.6 or 2.8.
> Please install or upgrade wxPython.
>
> However the package python-wxGTK 2.8.4.0-53 is already installed.
> Please help me because the “fancy gui” (which actually works without a
> problem) is far more complicated to use than the “simple gui” of tovid.
> Thanks.
>
>
I made the following changes to /usr/bin/makemenugui (which I found via
Google). Worked for me.

Use wx version 2.6 or 2.8

_allowed_versions =
‘2.6-unicode’,
‘2.8-unicode’,
‘2.6-gtk-unicode’,
‘2.8-gtk-unicode’]
try:
wxversion.select(_allowed_versions)
except wxversion.VersionError:
print “tovidgui requires wxPython 2.6 or 2.8.”
print “Please install or upgrade wxPython.”
sys.exit()


Linux user 359911
openSuSE 11.0
Dell Inspiron 9300

Thanks for the reply.I did what you say but i still can’t start the application:

geo@linux-7p0f:~> makemenugui
File “/usr/bin/makemenugui”, line 44
wxversion.select(_allowed_versions)
^
IndentationError: expected an indented block

**Please see the file and tell me if i have to change it again:
**
import sys
import traceback

wxversion (wxpython 2.6) is required

try:
import wxversion
except ImportError:
traceback.print_exc()
print “There was an error importing the ‘wx’ libraries. The above”
print “output should help you find what went wrong. Re-installing”
print “wxPython 2.6 (or upgrading from wxPython 2.4 to 2.6) may”
print “help. Consult the tovid homepage (tovid.org) for further”
print “assistance.”
print “Sorry, ‘tovidgui’ will not work.”
sys.exit()

Use wx version 2.6 or 2.8

_allowed_versions =
‘2.6-unicode’,
‘2.8-unicode’,
‘2.6-gtk-unicode’,
‘2.8-gtk-unicode’]
try:
wxversion.select(_allowed_versions)
except wxversion.VersionError:
print “tovidgui requires wxPython 2.6 or 2.8.”
print “Please install or upgrade wxPython.”
sys.exit()

import wx
from libtovid.gui.frames import TovidFrame

TovidGUI = wx.PySimpleApp()
#frame = MiniEditorFrame(None, wx.ID_ANY, “tovid GUI”)
frame = TovidFrame(None, wx.ID_ANY, “tovid GUI - simple menus using ‘makemenu’”)
frame.Show(True)
TovidGUI.MainLoop()

Either you are not posting the file keeping original indentation or there’s no indentation.
Paste the file using

 tags and keeping original indentation. Since it's python indenting is more than important.

I finally solved the problem with the above instructions.thank you all.