unable to mount cd

Hi All,
I am using opensuse11.2 but noticed that I am unable to view the contents of the cd once it is inserted. Checked the contents of mnt directory as well as the media directory but they do not contain anything. I would like to know how to view the contents of the cd once it is inserted. Also i would like to know how to erase the contents of a rewritable dvd once it is inserted into the tray. Is it build into the OS that we can erase the contents of the cd once it is inserted. Please help me as to how I can view the contents of the cd once it is inserted and also how i can erase the contents of a rewritable cd once it is inserted and mounted. Thanking you in advance

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

are you using command line or GUI? if GUI, what are you using?

VampirD

Microsoft Windows is like air conditioning
Stops working when you open a window.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkx0MS4ACgkQJQ+0ABWtaVl+lgCggyKd+tmqC/3yZe8Z8/roGwcd
vAQAnAsK13Kf/3ikdg9gyvIdzD/Db6SG
=zSeK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Hello there,
thx for replying.
I am trying to insert a cd so that I can view the contents of the same. But it doesn’t seem to be happening. When I insert a cd there is nothing listed inside the media folder nor anything listed inside the mnt folder. So I am wondering how to view the contents of the cd. The drive is working fine because when I put the 11.2 bootable cd, it boots up fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards