Unable to logout from Plasma6

Perhaps related to: 481938 – Unable to leave session via Desktop menu on Plasma 6.0.0

The same issue as Comment #70 and #34 on that web page.

1. Restart and Shutdown work, so long as I first do not try to logout.
  2. Logout does not work.
  3. If I first try to logout, which fails, restart and shutdown stop working from the GUI. Restart and shutdown only work from the terminal.

Logout still is not working for me (though restart and shutdown are working). When I select logout from the menu, the popup menu is presented, but when I select logout from the popup menu nothing happens. If I let the timer count down, nothing happens. If I select “OK” nothing happens.

I have been faced with this issue for quite a few days and I thought I broke something, but after a re-installation of plasma6 everything is the same, and I found this issue report. From the comments I guess it has been fixed in some way, but I have not found out the right way that makes mine work fine. Has anyone else also faced with this issue? If so why I have not been able to find a similar discussion elsewhere?

I am using the up-to-date tumbleweed.

Yes, I have seen it after update to Plasma 6.0.0, but it disappeared now (I believe with 6.0.3).

I am using Plasma 6.0.3 and still have this issue. I am using GDM instead of SDDM.

I’m using Plasma version 6.03, and the log out option is still available and working…

I can find this icon and I can click on it and a 30-second timer popup appears and I click on the Logout option and almost all GUI apps quits, but the plasma session will not terminate. I suppose it must be waiting for something to quit but I do not know what it was actually.

If I input plasma-shutdown nothing happens too, no stdout but the command just hangs there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.