I wish my wireless continued to work as it worked on the first day or two. It suddenly stopped working after a day or two. I installed some more unrelated software packages, which I dont believe should have affected this.
The connection is managed by the network manager as i had set it up earlier.
For some reason it does not show any result for scan.
“/usr/sbin/iwconfig” lists wlan0 but with “ESSID:off/any” and “Access Point: Not-Associated:”
“ifconfig wlan0” shows both TxPackets and RxPackets to be zero.
“sudo /usr/sbin/iwlist scan” results in “No scan results” for wlan0
“/usr/sbin/rfkill list” shows “Wireless LAN” with “Soft blocked: no” and “Hard blocked: no”
In some random fashion I tried switching back and forth between yast control and network manager and then deleted stuff from wireless and restarted couple of times… now it looks like it shows the wireless device. I have no idea why it works sometimes and not other times. I will report back when it goes off again…