Unable to create repository...

Hi
I have been running Freenas (unix) on an USB stick, the OS was installed on the USB. While I had my SeagateHDD as storage. Now I want to go full OS installation on the hardrive, but I get message that it dont recognize the hardrive. I think it has some unix files on it, I try with Win7 but I had same problem, I fix it for win7 with commands cleaning the disk but still I cant fix it with Linux.

Unable to create repository
from URL cd:/?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SH-224BB_R8W56GAD200P9K.

Details:
[l] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
History:

• Cant hardlink/copy /var/adm/mount/AP_0xqBlNdC/media.1/media to/var/cache/zypp/raw/cd-30947738eZpmFg
  • Cant provide /media.1/media

The repo concerned is the install medium. Go Yast - Software - Software repositories, and remove this one. My 2 cents

Hi,

I have also encountered the same error.

Knurpht, what do you mean by “Go Yast - Software - Software repositories”?

Start the Yast application go to the Software repository section and remove the DVD/cd entry to stop the system from trying to find the repo on a DVD.

Hi,

Maybe my problem is a bit different after all.

Am trying to install openSuse 11 on an HP ProLiant ML370, Intel Xeon. The first error I get is “hard disks could not be found, please check your hardware”, which I skipped. Then I got:

*Unable to create repository
from URL ‘cd:/?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SE-208AB_R8KN6GAC2026LQ-0:0’.

Details:
[l] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
History:

• Cant hardlink/copy /var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000001/media.1/media to/var/cache/zypp/raw/cd-8bcb7c50i4LUdq
  • Cant provide /media.1/media

*Please help.

I would suggest to try a newer version. The current one is 13.1.

Could it be this is the NETinstall CD? Then it doesn’t find the online repos, they are not available anymore (at least not at the standard address), because 11.x is EOL since about 2 years (and even Evergreen support for 11.4 will end in a few months).