Unable to change host name

Hey all, I just installed openSUSE 12.1 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop and I can’t figure out how to change the host name. I’ve Googled it and read in many places to make the change in YaST, but when I try that I get the following error:

Warning: Network is currently controlled by NetworkManager and its settings cannot be edited by YaST.
To edit the settings, use NetworkManager connection editor, or switch the network setup method to Traditional method with ifup.

Apparently I’m not going to the correct NetworkManager connection editor because the one I go to doesn’t have any options for changing the host name. SO, how do I change the hostname of my laptop? Oh, and by hostname I mean the name over the network and the name that pops up in terminal windows.

Thanks,

Joe B

Skip the warning in the Network settings
Then click the Hostname-DNS tab
Edit the Hostname box and OK it…

Yes, I get that message. I just go ahead and click on “hostname/DNS” anyway. You can’t configure the connections, but you can still configure the hostname.

I normally put in the hostname that I want, and the domain name that I want. Then I check the box for “Assign hostname to loopback IP”.