udiskie and polkit-1: Not Authorized

Hello,

after reinstalling the system (11.4 updated to Tumbleweed) and udiskie, the latter won’t mount removable media anymore, giving the following error message: “failed to mount device /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc1: org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.PermissionDenied: Not Authorized”

I’ve tweaked polkit-1 configuration files, but it didn’t help. Here are the files in question:

/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/10-udiskie.pkla

[Local Users]
Identity=unix-user:rrije;unix-group:storage
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/60-localauthority.conf

[Configuration]
AdminIdentities=unix-user:rrije

I also looked in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority for conflicting directives, but the only directory in there is 10-vendor.d. I assume that as it’s 10 versus 50, pkla files in /etc/polkit-1 should be read later and have more authority, right? Anyway, here are the contents of /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d/org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount.pkla

[org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=auth_admin
ResultActive=yes

In desperation I tried changing it to “ResultAny=yes”, but to no avail. Am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

For reference, I’m running 11.4 and have the following entry in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d/org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount.pkla

Identity=unix-group:*

Did you specifically configure yours with the following?

Identity=unix-user:*

Nothing in /var/lib/polkit-1/ was configured manually. I tried changing the string you mention in your post, and it didn’t work. Unfortunately.

Just a thought: You don’t have any unintended entries in /etc/fstab by chance do you? This would stop any udev-based detection from working correctly. I noticed that your /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/10-udiskie.pkla config contains

Identity=unix-user:rrije;unix-group:storage

Is the user a member of the ‘storage’ group? What happens if you create another user - does the new user have removable drive access?