two sound cards / firefox

Hello.

How i can fix this?

there is no sound in firefox, but every other apps have sound.
i have two soundcards and there is no option in firefox to select which one is used.

wird thing. this configuration worked in 9.0/9.2/10/10.1/10.2/10.3
in 10.3+ two soundcards started to work inproperly :frowning:

using os 11.1 64bit.

so where can i select soundcard for firefox?

Are you certain this is a multiple sound card configuration problem, and not a 64-bit firefox problem? What firefox pluggin are you using to play sound?

I installed a 64-bit openSUSE for the first time (11.1) on my new PC, and it was very smooth. After years of reading posts of 64-bit users who had problems, I was expecting to encounter some problems. That was not the case. No problems with firefox playback on my new PC (mind you I have only the one sound device on the motherboard). I use smplayer / MPlayer / mplayerplug-in plus flash-player for my video/audio playback on firefox. I also installed libffmpeg0 and w32codec-all to provide lots of codecs. And installed libquicktime0 to provide quicktime codecs.

And finally, I was careful to ONLY use Packman packaged version, and not mix in videolan packaged versions. There can be problems if one mixes applications from those two packaging sources.

I’ve never had the luxury/complexity of two sound cards in one PC. My guess (and its only a guess) is that firefox will adopt the default desktop audio configuration, where presumeably in one’s desktop one selects one audio card as the default.

Still, I am suspicious your not having audio in firefox may not be a dual sound card problems.

Are you certain this is a multiple sound card configuration problem, and not a 64-bit firefox problem? What firefox pluggin are you using to play sound?

Oops. Im sorry. this is not a hardware problem. one card plays sound in firefox and other plays in every other apps.
Don’t know what pluggin? That one which is installed for default.

I use smplayer / MPlayer / mplayerplug-in plus flash-player for my video/audio playback on firefox

So how do I set these pluggins to use that other card?

My guess (and its only a guess) is that firefox will adopt the default desktop audio configuration

that cannot be the answer. every other app takes that other card as default :slight_smile:

Still, I am suspicious your not having audio in firefox may not be a dual sound card problems. 

Yes it is dual problem, because other card works in firefox. It just don’t want to use that otherone :slight_smile:

ahhh … ok, … that reads different from this:

Since you have two sound cards, I don’t have 2 sound cards, so I can’t help you there in terms of software control.

BUT you could physically remove one sound card. And if that remaining sound card is your mother board’s sound device, then you could simply disable that in BIOS.

And if that remaining sound card is your mother board’s sound device, then you could simply disable that in BIOS.

Already tried that. It won’t change a thing :frowning:

I’ll keep looking. Maybe i figure out something.

It won’t change a thing?

Now I don’t understand.

You mean when you disable sound in your BIOS, you still get sound in Firefox from the BIOS sound device that has been disabled?

Further to my last post, what pluggin are you using in Firefox to give you sound? mplayerplug-in ? flash-player? other ?