Tumbleweed and Firefox aurora

Hello,

i am keen to upgrade my 12.2 system to tumbleweed and figured I’d ask before hand whether it possible to get Firefox aurora from a tumbleweed specific repo? I notice there are various Firefox channels repos under 12.2 but could only find the main stable Firefox under tumbleweed…

Is it possible, for instance, to upgrade to tumbleweed and still add the 12.2 Firefox alpha repo to the system, or ideally should there be a specific tumbleweed repo?

many thanks!

Is it possible, for instance, to upgrade to tumbleweed and still add the 12.2 Firefox alpha repo
It’s probably not advised. But I have used a 12.2 wine repo in TWeed with no ill effect.
If you are an advanced user, you can add it, see if the switch throws any issues, try it and see, remove it if necessary. Clear you FF cache now, and make a .mozzila backup before you do anything though.
You can of course download the latest firefox builds and run them from a user level

It is Encouraged to add a non Tumbleweed repo in openSUSE Tumbleweed. But if you are an advanced user,you can branch mozilla:Factory to your own home:xxx in https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=mozilla%3AFactory,then add Tumbleweed repo to build a Tumbleweed version.

Good luck:P

No, it’s not encouraged. Encouraged is to use the "…current… " repos + Tumbleweed + Packman Tumbleweed. The rest is at own risk.

Thanks for all your responses. I am still slightly confused however. I notice that FF 16 has made it to 12.2 repo under the official Mozilla repository. However, under Mozilla: repo, the beta version is at 15.99 when in actually fact beta channel is at version 17. How long after Mozilla release beta of aurora builds are they packaged and released for openSUSE users?

Are you looking here
Index of /repositories/mozilla:/alpha/openSUSE_12.2

Yep, thats the one. I believe firefox aurora is on ver 17.a.02. I did try updating firefox from that repo and the browser would open with stange HTML code and no toolbar, home button, anything.

Should I be using the package straight from Mozilla itself?

No harm trying

sorry,my typo,It is indeed not encouraged

Cheers caf - will give that a shot. Just a bit disappointed there is no specific tumbleweed repo for future firefox versions. How do i go about contacting the firefox beta/alpha repo maintainer?

I notice that FF 16 has made it to 12.2 repo under the official Mozilla repository.

I use the mozilla build repo with tumbleweed (selected community repos –> mozilla…). It works fine. I just disabled it before the upgrade to 12.2 and added the new one afterwards. I think if you do that, you should never encounter any problems.