Trying to start Evolution with Exchange Server to no avail

I understand Evolution needs Mapi support. But I have OpenSuse 11.4 and can’t find evolution-mapi. But, however, with Ubuntu, which had it, I also couldn’t get it to work either, even with the mapi support. I understand that I might need the IP address for the server if that is the case. I have GoDaddy as my exchange server, does anyone know the IP address for mail.ex1.secureserver.net?

chunnel wrote:

>
> I understand Evolution needs Mapi support. But I have OpenSuse 11.4 and
> can’t find evolution-mapi. But, however, with Ubuntu, which had it, I
> also couldn’t get it to work either, even with the mapi support. I
> understand that I might need the IP address for the server if that is
> the case. I have GoDaddy as my exchange server, does anyone know the IP
> address for mail.ex1.secureserver.net?
>
>
ping mail.ex1.secureserver.net => 72.167.180.130

PC: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Core i7-2600@3.40GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | GeForce GT 420
| 16GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.7.2 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram

Thank you for that, it will be helpful. Does anyone know how to setup the rest of Evolution for Opensuse 11.4?

I understand Evolution needs Mapi support. But I have OpenSuse 11.4 and can’t find evolution-mapi.

The evolution-mapi package is available:

software.opensuse.org: Search Results

This Ubuntu-based guide offers relevant advice for connecting Evolution to an Exchange Server.

FWIW, you might want to consider DavMail as well

DavMail POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP Exchange Gateway

If you want to try the new evolution-ews this might interest you.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=evolution-ews&project=GNOME%3AEvolution%3Asnapshot-2-32

evolution-ews
Evolution connector for Microsoft exchange 2007 or later

Provides basic functionality for mail, calendar and addressbook.

https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/EWS

I have tried every iteration I can think of for the entries here, with no success. I have entered the ip addresses for both the server and domain name, I pinged my domain to get that info. I have tried the username in full asd@sdfads.com and just asd… I have tried the domain name with www and without. I have tried secure connection and not. Nothing is working.

I have not yet tried Davmail because I’m concerned about yet another layer between the protocols that could cause translation errors in the synchronization.

I have installed the ews connector, but don’t know how to implement it. I’m assuming that my Host URL is my domain with www. However, i do not know how to get the OAB URL. And nothing happens when I click on fetch URL.

I have tried every iteration I can think of for the entries here, with no success. I have entered the ip addresses for both the server and domain name, I pinged my domain to get that info. I have tried the username in full asd@sdfads.com and just asd… I have tried the domain name with www and without. I have tried secure connection and not. Nothing is working.

I’'ve never had to connect to an exchange server, so can really only point you at these guides:

https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/370590-connect-evolution-to-an-exchange-server

HowTo-Evoluion-Exchange

You do have evolution-exchange installed as well, right?

You’re talking about Exchange '03, that won’t help. I need to sync to '07. It’s completely different protocols.

You’re talking about Exchange '03, that won’t help. I need to sync to '07. It’s completely different protocols.

Thought this might be the case, but I didn’t see where you mentioned Exchange version you’re trying to connect too… :slight_smile: