Trying to run The Clockwork Man, 32 bit game.

Having heard good things about it and it comes in a linux version I orfered The Clockwork Man, only to find it is a 32 bit only game.

When I try to run the executable, in BASH, I get an error saying “unable to run executable”.

OpenSUSE 12.2, X86-64 with 32 bit patterns, KDE 4.9.2.

I know it’s a long shot, but does anybody have any idea what might make this work?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:46:01 +0000, BobTheBull wrote:

> I know it’s a long shot, but does anybody have any idea what might make
> this work?

You probably need to provide more information about what exactly you
installed, where you obtained it, what format it was in, and the specific
input and output (in CODE tags, # key in the advanced editor) in the
terminal.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I installed the demo in oS 11.3 and 12.1 64 bit without issues. Your installation is probably missing some -32bit compat libs.

Or else it’s the relative path issue described here: Gnome menu launchers broken still? Solution for programs using relative paths? [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

Yes, you have to run the game from the installation directory, i.e., set the work path to the directory where you unpacked the tar.gz package. And make sure that the executable bit is set in the binary executable (file ‘The Clockwork Man’ in my install, without extension).

Just installed the demo version myself because I was curious. What an enchanting game! Simple, but imaginative. My son is a too young (4 yrs old) to play by himself, but when he’s a little older, this is the sort of game he’d love to play.