trying to root android tablet

Rooted or not rooted, my recommendation is to never put anything on one’s Android device where the loss of the device (or compromise of the data via compromise of the device’s security) will cause problems to one’s self.

I really liked my Android Tablet (an Asus TF-101 transformer) and I extensively used it for over a year. It was most helpful at the work place, and when on vacation.

Then I purchased a dual-sim smartphone (running Android) and I also purchased a very light weight (1.1 kg) Ultrabook, and since then I rarely use my Tablet. The Android Smartphone covers the cases where I am shopping, walking, in an automobile, in meeting at work etc … and I have my Ultrabook in a neoprene sleeve in a backpack and I find it very useful at my deskt at the office and/or when on vacation in my Hotel room or when I am at friends. I have openSUSE running on my Ultrabook and the Ultrabook has the security/encryption I need.

Having typed the above, I think this thread is mainly trying to help a user root their Tablet, and posts such as mine and yours likely don’t belong on this thread. A new thread in chit-chat could be started for that.