Trying to put Windows 7 on Laptop running OpenSUSE

I’ve looked everywhere, I can’t seem to find a video or tutorial for putting a Windows OS on a computer that already has OpenSUSE installed. I booted from the Windows 7 disc, and it wouldn’t let me install it to the partition that I wanted because the Hard drive isn’t formatted to NTFS. If anyone can help me figure out how to format the primary drive with the Linux files or even override it so I’m able to actually install a brand new copy of W7 with absolutely no dual booting or anything like that.

Thank you.

As far as I know you can only install Windows first and then Lunix after. Windows will not tolerate anything else on the system when installing, while Linux will try to cope with an existing Windows and try to create multi-booting.

Did you leave space? Using GPT or legacy (DOS) partitioning? Did you make a Windows format partition? Remember that Windows calls partitions drives.:stuck_out_tongue:

It may be possible using EFI booting but Windows tends to take control and you definitely don’t want to mix booting methods

In any case Windows does not play well with others and it is much simpler to just install Windows first or just install into a Virtual Machine