Trouble with partitions

Hey guys!

I’m converting my home server from windows to opensuse.
It has multiple hard drives, and I just converted one from NTFS to EXT4.

At first, it’s entry on fstab was something like this:

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD250HJ_S19GJ50Q911885-part1 /windows/c ntfs-3g users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0

And then, after formatting, I manually changed to this:

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD250HJ_S19GJ50Q911885-part1 /bidu2 ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 3

But I ran into a small problem: I can’t write files into it without login in as root or using ‘su’. I wanted it to be writable to every user.

Any idea?

HowTo Mount NTFS Filesystem Partition Read Write Access in openSUSE

it’s no longer ntfs… it is ext4 now .__.

well, using this tutorial, I was able to mount my remaining NTFS partitions with read/write, thanks. But my new EXT4 partition still writeable only by the root ;x

This article may help.

File Permissions and the chmod/chgrp/chown commands

Here is an example

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9160827AS_5RF16D1B-part6 /home ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 2

****, what is wrong with me? -.-
I did just as in the example, again, NOTHING.
So I logged in as root and using Dolphin I manually changed the permissions of the /bidu2 folder.
It’s working now, but I wonder if I reboot the system is it going to continue working?

Thanks

First, you realize that most of the drive may well be unwriteable to non-root users, under conceivably normal circumstances. The exception is /home. So you are checking out the concept of permissions, and how to manage them - good.

Will it stay that way when you reboot? It absolutely should. If it doesn’t, something is weirdly amiss, abnormal, wrong.