transparent mapping of a netwok folder as local drive

Instead of setting up a second user for VNC. Do the obvious and access the data via network share.

If I write a network share into fstab and mount it as local drive, how to make it search for the network folder on demand?

I am now using my mobile phone as AP, connect my 12" Android tablet via VNC and Quicksynergy back to my laptop.

So I have access to the same data.

On the other side I do have a 12" MacAir running 15.1 and is connected with Qsynergy to the notebook.

My 8GB RAM are bottlenecking so I think a second VNC is not a good idea.

But accessing the data on the notebook via a network share would help.

If I open a network share on the USB drive, I cannot directly work on the files, as if they would be on the same notebook.

So is there a setting to write the network share into fstab to make it “local” connecting to a system with dynamic IP?

Please don’t let us shoot in the dark, rather show the actual info from the fstab.

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.automount.html

fstabAutomount units may either be configured via unit files, or via /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details).
For details how systemd parses /etc/fstab see systemd.mount(5).
If an automount point is configured in both /etc/fstab and a unit file, the configuration in the latter takes precedence.

Also read

man fstab

For a DHCP situation, you could configure the router to reserve a particular address for the host/device in question, then it’s IP address will essentially remain static. Alternatively, you could take advantage of Avahi (using mDNS/DNS-SD), using a hostname of the form “//servername.local/…”.