Traktor Audio 6 USB sound card won't work

Hello,
I’m pretty new to OpenSuSe and I am using the version 13.1 right now.
I am very desperate as I wasted hours and hours on trying to configure my external USB sound card.

Native Intruments says, that the Driver is included in the Kernel I am using (Source: http://www.native-instruments.com/de/support/knowledge-base/show/707/using-native-instruments-hardware-under-linux/).

I followed the instructions on this site (skipping the kernel compiling part):
http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-usb-audio
I don’t know if I was doing it right. Do I have to customize anything there?

and added the configuration from the following site to my .asoundrc:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/audio-6-linux-support.136907/

So here is what I have right now:
-It took me some time to figure out that that there is no modules.conf any longer and the file I need is /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf
-I can see the card configured in Yast and the test sound works (although there is a device called INTEL CH7, where it jumps onto, but the sound plays from the sound card)
-The HDMI sound through my Radeon works still fine…
-I don’t see the device anywhere in the alsa gui, when I use alsamixer in Terminal, I see the Direct Thru Inputs and Line Ins (mentioned as Outputs…), I can’t see the outputs (A, B and Main)
-In pavucontrol in the configuration tab I can see the device and select the output channel, this was already there before the sound card was configured
→ but in the other tabs for output devices in pavucontrol I don’t see the sound card and so I cannot configure anything, I can only configure the onboard sounds and the HDMI

I would be very grateful if you can help me. I’m so desperate right now, because I already tried so many tutorials and always ended in a Dead End…

Hello.

If this device is intended mainly for audio production I would recommend disabling PulseAudio and set-up JACK to use this device (if it is detected) as the default one with it.
And, to use one of the other sound devices as the primary one for the system, for now at least, and use this device only with JACK for audio stuff.

Start from scratch and remove the .asoundrc, make a copy of it if you wish, and see where that gets you.

Give feedback and we can take it from there: setting up JACK, detecting the device ID, disabling/deinstalling PA etc.

NB

I followed the instructions on this site (skipping the kernel compiling part):
http://alsa-project.org/main/index.p…dule-usb-audio
I don’t know if I was doing it right. Do I have to customize anything there?

If the Kernel already came with the module you should not have had to do any of what is explained here, you might want to try to undo that.

I revoked all the changes as you said and deactivated the PulseAudio in Yast.

I didn’t change the .asoundrc and now there is only left the Traktor Audio 6 in Yast. I saw that I can configure Wine to use it as an output and it worked fine, but I cannot configure it with the alsamixer…

I will try to set up Jack now and then see what happens, thank you for advice!

Hello.

I didn’t change the .asoundrc and now there is only left the Traktor Audio 6 in Yast.

OK, in YaST you should see all the devices, enable/configure those you want to use and set their priority; does this seem all right?
The .asoundrc file is used to enable the user to override global/default ALSA settings (the sound drivers ++), and it will not have any impact when setting up the device from YaST.

Add your user to the ‘audio’ group, then modify the /etc/security/limits.conf file by adding the following two lines at the bottom:

@audio          -      rtprio      90
@audio           -      memlock      unlimited

JACK would probably not start without these two steps.

Are you on any desktop environment: KDE, GNOME etc?

BTW, I still think a best start would be to remove the .asoundrc file, and just set it up if it’s absolutely required it may confuse matters.

Hi,
I’m really sorry for not answering for so long. I had some serious problems with my internet provider.

I am using the KDE Desktop environment.

I installed kubuntu on my PC but couldn’t get to work the device there either.
It seems to be a problem with alsa because when I use alsamixer in the terminal I can only see the Throughput as outputs -> the normal outputs are missing, a kind of “mapping” seems to be missing.

Thank you for your advice I’m currently reading but couldn’t get JACK to work until now (didn’t have much time).